Sunday, July 19, 2009

Foraging in Van Cortlandt Park

Best food experience of the CC's life (so far.)

Firstly, there were the wineberries everywhere. A sun-ripe sweet wineberry is the nectar of the gods on a warm sunny hike.



Next up, the golden jackpot! The CC found a large field of golden chanterelles.

Finally, the end result of what the CC did with them.

To borrow a Valley Girl facebook term -- OMG, you guys, OMG!!!!!!

Strozzapreti with chanterelles ♦ Ciabatta ♦ Flat beans with almonds

2 comments:

Angelic DoubleplusGood said...

Why, I believe I just had an orgasm! Wait...wait...let me check...
Yes.

Hahahaha!

ShockingSchadenfreude said...

I agree - I did too. I've been jumpy and happy all day.

Only the extraordinarily happy few grasp the full cosmic relevance of uncovering a field of golden chanterelles and converting them into not just dinner but "dinner".